The Greatest Margarita

Jane Cherry

TVWBB All-Star
I was in the store, and ran into a liquor distributor who was taking inventory. Since I shop for a living, I usually talk to everyone gathering information.

He told me about a liqueur to use instead of the usual triple sec in margaritas. It is called Citronge. It is an orange liquer made in Mexico by Patron, the same company that makes the fabulous 100% Agave Tequila.

Well, we used it tonite, along with key limes in our margaritas. We also bought a new Waring Pro Blender which I couldn't be happier with. This stuff makes all the difference in the world with your drink.

It is not as heavy as triple sec. It is not as orangy as Cointreau. It makes for a light, citrusy drink, and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

A full litre is about $27. Cointreau is much more expensive, or course triple sec being much cheaper. If you can find it in a liquor store, get yourself a bottle. Woo-Hoo!

Thanks Jane,

That is something this board can always use more of - potent potable recipes. Your margarita sounds like a good one.

Jim

There are many. The 100% Blue Agave is the best, we like Resposado. There are clear ones, and gold ones. Have fun.

Thanks for the Citronge suggestion, I always use Cointreau. I also like to throw in a splash of Presidente Brandy. Someone told me that Chili's uses Presidente Brandy in their El Presidente margarita. It seems to add a little something extra.

Back