Propane usage

DaveG MA

How serious of a griller are you ??

How many times during the summer months do you people get your tanks filled, since May i am on my 5th tank.

I can't answer that, but I keep 2 full back-ups and refill the empty one pretty quickly. I don't like the thought of running out.

Think my last refill was around 12 to 14 dollars - wonder what others are paying ?

Paul

I rotate between two tanks. I had both filled in May. Both are about empty from this summer's use (I haven't gotten around to pouring hot water on them to check).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
I can't answer that, but I keep 2 full back-ups and refill the empty one pretty quickly. I don't like the thought of running out.

Think my last refill was around 12 to 14 dollars - wonder what others are paying ?

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm paying $12.99 at my local hardware store (part of the Do It Best chain). It's nice because it is right across the street from me but their prices are much higher than some larger hardware stores. I like the idea of keeping my own tanks as opposed to the exchange program offered at some stores.

Crikey mate!

It's cheap where you are. It costs me $22.50 for a refil or$27.00 for an exchange.

My Q lasts for 36 - 40 hours on a 9 Kg (20 lb) tank I have just started on the 4th tank (last weekend) since January 01. I have also nearly used a 4 1/2 kg (10 lb) tank during the same period. Howevert I have only gone through about 20 kg of charcoal.

Regards

I paid about $14 at the local HD but that was before gas prices went crazy this summer. In fact gas prices were the reason I didn't get one refilled over the summer. I'll probably check them out this weekend because the wife has been hinting that it would be nice for me to fire up the grill over winter (while she stays in the nice warm house, of course).

$1.99 a gallon or ten cents less if you buy 20 gallons total. Standard tank is $9 for a refill at the local farm store plus 8.5% sales tax. D6 with heavy usage is only two or three days cooking. I have a half height tank on my Q120 it just keeps going like the Energizer bunny. The Q120 is all I need for most quick grilling tasks for the three of us.

I Use about 8 tanks a year. Always have a full backup on hand. I get it filled at a local mom and pop farm store and it costs $15.00 which is cheaper than HD or the gas stations which are charging $18. Rather give it to a local business anyway

Back