WOW! Stoker WiFi Is Here!!!

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
Who will be the first adopters??? You brave souls, please report back so the rest of us followers can jump on with confidence.

I updated the firmware with no issues. I will have my first cook with the Stoker this weekend and will let you all know if I have any issues.

if you are using StokerLog it seems to be running properly. I am having issues with StokerWeb right now.

I have it connected on Wifi and up and running, look no ethenet cable

DSC00453.JPG

oh and a picture of my cart, but its not done, I put a pic in the Mods section...

DSC00452.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Does Stokerlog now connect via WiFi? Sorry for my ignorance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

StokerLog is a software application to monitor the cook and provides graphing capability. All it really requires is an IP address of the STOKER.

Ran a 7 hour turkey smoke last night with no issues. Big thumbs up to ROCKS, so nice not dealing with a extra wifi device.

What you could do before WiFI with the Stoker connected to your LAN, you can do after WiFi. WiFi just eliminates having to have a wireless access point of hardwired to you Local LAN.

I have the Black Box with the green LCD. The firmware update didn't work. Just sent it back to Rock's for them to upgrade. A little frustrating.

James,

Did you read up on the update before you applied it?

It says right on the Rock's BBQ website that if you have a Black Box Stoker w/Green LED, it will have to be sent in to be upgraded.

Rocks instructions are clear and easy, if you can download and click an icon you are good to go. The only thing that isnt obvious is, once its loaded and you reboot the stoker, you need to keep it connected to the ethenet and log into the stoker web interface using

"http://<Ip address for stoker>/wifi.html"

to setup the wifi and security access, but its in the manual.

from then on instead of using the Ip address to log in, look for the wifi IP ( one of th emenu items) and use that in the stoker web interface and in stoker log.

Good luck.

Adam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam W:
Rocks instructions are clear and easy, if you can download and click an icon you are good to go. The only thing that isnt obvious is, once its loaded and you reboot the stoker, you need to keep it connected to the ethenet and log into the stoker web interface using

"http://<Ip address for stoker>/wifi.html"

to setup the wifi and security access, but its in the manual.

from then on instead of using the Ip address to log in, look for the wifi IP ( one of th emenu items) and use that in the stoker web interface and in stoker log.

Good luck.

Adam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow! Exactly what I just found out after unsuccessfully trying to connect via wifi, only I called Rock's before reading this. Wish I had read this post first...anyhow, I'm connected!

Hi all,

I read the notice. I spoke to Kevin at Rock's. I ran the firmware update without issue. I set up the router network with IP, SSID, Pass etc... successfully. Upon multiple reboots, screen reads "Wifi Failed". The update gives you a new, first level menu option called "Network" where you should enable Wifi. Did that. Got the asterisk. Wifi still failed. Talked to Kevin again. Agreed that the unit needed a hard update as there is still an issue with the wifi on these units.

Also, Kevin told me that he had some green screeners that updated with no issue. We did the troubleshooting exercise a few times with no change. Hence, unit is going back for a hard fix.

I'm happy the firmware is ready, I'm frustrated that I'm losing a few weeks for the hard update during an unusually warm winter in Toronto.

Still a fan of the unit and supplier.

Sure. It's a web based app. As long as you have the IP address you can access from any web enabled terminal/device. Even the public library.

Back