Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pepper Stout Beef

TVWBB Member
    Made this today, maybe the last great weekend of 2013 here in NJ. Started in the 18.5" WSM. took the beef to 155 before the stall then finished in the slow cooker. Cut down on the jalepenos because of the kids but it was a big hit. One question: just how does someone get banned from this website? What could you possibly do? I'd love to know.

TVWBB Fan
    I didn't get past the pictures before I decided to make this, bought a #2 roast and cut back on the ingredients. I should have read some reviews so I could have cut back on the heat. WOW it turned out really hot, I had to add some sugar to cut it.
    I'll give it another try sometime.

Dave

TVWBB Member
    Anyone adapt this for shredded beef tacos? Would love some recipe tips!

works great in Tacos, just make sure it's drained well. Perfect for shredded beef anything really IMO.

I picked up a few chuck roasts value packs today on a "one day meat stock up sale" for $2.99/#. I'm hoping the weather improves for super bowl weekend so I can attempt my first PSB cook. I've been drooling over this post since I joined, I cant believe I haven't made it yet.

TVWBB Member
    I don't post much but have been here for ten years and just have to say that I have made this several times and have always been amazed at the results. Footnote: it is the chefs responsibility to determine the "hotness" of the jalapenos. This will determine whether or not to add or subtract individual peppers.

Do you ever feel like you get more credit than you deserve? If coping in these situations is difficult for you, then I would not suggest this recipe

It's that good, and that easy. I made this for family who was in town, and everyone loved it.

This is absolutely one of my favorites.

I picked up a >4.5# chuck today, I'm planning to cook PSB this weekend I think.

I got extra Jalapenos, might even try a hab in there. I'm going to use a Cutthroat Pale Ale (one of my favorites) 'cause that's "more of a stout" imho than Guiness

I love the Cutthroat in Barb's onion rings, I'm betting it'll be good in this.
    Last edited by Clint; 03-24-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    18.5 WSM > 22.5 One-Touch Platinum > Genesis Silver B > Smokey Joe Gold > Q200 > Go Anywhere Gas

I bookmarked this page. I just might have to do this this weekend.
    18" Weber Kettle, 22" Weber Kettle, and new family member 18" Weber Smokey Mountain, all fueled by

I have made this one numerous times - there's a reason it's a 'stickied thread' My wife is not much of a BBQ girl, which may be her only shortcoming, but even she digs this one. Highly recommend. Don't be afraid to chop up a few extra Jalapenos in this one...

And I wanted to echo Clint's comment. The beer you use makes a difference. I've even done this with a great IPA. I don't think you can go wrong, but if you're going to go to the trouble to make this, I would definitely suggest you go to your local beer vendor and pick out something special.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011