Webernation Grilling Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay B

TVWBB Fan
Hello Jamie, thanks for spending some time with us. I have your books and enjoy them all. I also love the grilling classes on Webernation. That is always my stop when I have some time to waste at work!

I have to agree with a previous poster, the older longer format was great, 3 minutes is just a tease! My question is can we expect new grilling classes this summer?

I have also seen you ask for suggestions on new grilling classes. I would love to see one for grilled scallops and/or lobster. These may be the two things I have not mastered yet. Im a performer guy, so charcoal please
icon_smile.gif

I agree with the above. If you have to keep the length at 3 minutes, how about a part 1 / 2 / 3?

BTW, I do podcasts/webcasts professionally. The 3 minute rule works for general subjects. But when the listeners/viewers are avid (think like those who watch the LOST TV show), the 3 minute rule falls by the wayside. I think us BBQ nuts fit in that category.

I agree with the two gentlemen above. The 13+ minutes for the Apple Brined Turkey with Big Time Gravy walked me through my first turkey on the grill. I watched this over and over. I appreciated seeing each step. Had it not been as detailed as it was, I probably would have avoided making this.

FWIW, it has been a hit each time I make it.

I also very much like how you pronounce "big time gravy."
icon_smile.gif

While we're discussing the videos, I would love to have permanent links to these so I can bookmark them directly. I understand that is the web team, but that would be very helpful to me.

Jamie,
I love all the videos, but the longer ones are the most valuable. There is just something not only magical, but instructive, about seeing you do the prep for a specific recipe.

We're all enthusiasts here, willing to log on to the WeberNation site and navigate to the grilling class section. We're even patient when the videos are late being posted or are mislabeled or don't have download equivalents as advertised. But a minimum two-week wait for a three-minute video is asking for too much patience; if at all possible, bring back those longer "director's cuts."

Gary

Just watched the Ribeyes and Portabellos classes twice, I know what is going on the grill for Memorial Day. Thanks again for the classes.

Hey, you're welcome. I enjoy making those videos and I'm really happy to hear that someone is watching. I will do what I can to making some longer videos with more techniques and details. Sounds like you guys want to see whole recipes from start to finish.

I too have watched all of videos and enjoyed them very much. When watching anything about Q'n and grill'n I am looking as much as listening, because there are details that can be beneficial to where I am in the learning process that may be passed over in the emphasis of the video segment. So, I prefer it when a lesson, at least, shows as much as possible of the whole process.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back