Grill Roasted Garlic

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
Yesterday I roasted 4 heads of garlic in foil on a declining charcoal fire-cooked indirect. 30 min. cook.

What to do with fine roasted garlic?

1. Added one head to 4 cans of tuna for a tuna salad.

2. My son made a Buffalo Chicken Breast Pizza and added one head of garlic.

3. Perhaps the best use may have been my Romano Cheese Penne Pasta with nutmeg and one head of garlic. The cheesy pasta was topped with sliced BBQ Butt (with no sauce). The plain smoked butt was terrific on the pasta. YUM!

Steve, roasted garlic is invaluable. So many uses. In salad dressings, coarsely sliced and scattered over a pizza, in mashed potatoes, in stews, with vegetables, in sauces...etc.

Next time I have the opportunity, I'm going to do a lot of garlic heads, peel them, and FoodSaver/freeze them in a Mason jar so I can pull out what I need. I never have enough.

Rita

If stored in mason jars covered in olive oil in a dark pantry, how long can it stay? How about same but in the fridge?

Kev

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K McCarthy:
If stored in mason jars covered in olive oil in a dark pantry, how long can it stay? How about same but in the fridge?

Kev </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kev, You'll want to store them in the fridge. I used the refference from 'American Pie" by Peter Reinhart where his recipe for caramelized garlic in olive oil and then says the oil can be stored in the fridge for up to several months. Not so sure with the garlic in there if it will last as long.

Someone brought over garlic, smoked salmon and brie. Roasted the garlic then served it with the brie and smoked salmon and crackers. It was great stuff.

Kev[/QUOTE]
Kev, You'll want to store them in the fridge. I used the refference from 'American Pie" by Peter Reinhart where his recipe for caramelized garlic in olive oil and then says the oil can be stored in the fridge for up to several months. Not so sure with the garlic in there if it will last as long.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bryan

Kev

Back