CIA Kitchen stuff

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
I was in a kitchen store yesterday and saw a new collection of stuff from CIA (Culinary Institute of America). Pots and pans look great, but I only purchased a can opener ($15). It is one of those openers that cuts from the side and leaves no sharp edges. I do not recommend this gadget. It is difficult to use and I am returning mine today.

Anyone else have any experience with the CIA stuff?

Ray

Ray, I have the Rösle can opener that cuts from the side and like it a lot. It is a little pricey tho. There is a little trick to learn first - it's the vertical angle that one holds it to get it going. You have to hold the handle up a little, maybe about a 15-degree angle from the top of the lid, not parallel to the top of the can. Maybe yours is similar? It took me almost a week to "get" it! And I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Must have had a synapse lapse.
icon_eek.gif

I haven't seen the CIA pans yet.

Rita

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have the Rösle can opener </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rita,

Mine says "CIA Masters Collection", not Rösle so I expect I have a different one. One problem I have is it is very difficult to turn the handle - requires more effort than any opener I have ever used.

Thanks for your input.

Ray

Ray, I'd say that the handle of mine is slightly on the tight side too, but it seems to get around the can quicker than my old Swing-Away.

I had one for a while, a few years back and returned it as well. Very difficult to turn, and not worth the effort. I found a very simple, large kitchen Aid that did the job quickly. Its not like Im Forrest Gump and going to clumsily cut off my digits in the kitchen. And I cant remember the last time I didn't use all the contents in a can, or store the remainder in a separate container.

Back