Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
The pictures do not do these wings justice. Cooked indirect at 350º for 1 hour, then dipped in the sauce and cooked 15 minutes and repeated one more time. FANTASTIC! Sweet with a very nice back heat!

Seasoned wings withe Wolfe Rub Citrus

Sauce
1 - 18 oz Orange Marmalade
1/3 cup - honey
1/3 cup - brown sugar
1/3 cup - Sriracha Sauce
Bring to a boil and remove from heat

2009-07-27013.jpg
2009-07-27019.jpg
2009-07-27022.jpg
2009-07-27026.jpg
2009-07-27030.jpg
2009-07-27034.jpg
2009-07-27038.jpg

Wings look just dandy there Larry, great freaking job!
icon_cool.gif
I have to make some wings here soon. Been over a year since I made them. The orange marmalade works well on ribs and loins too.
icon_wink.gif

Wouldnt mind splitting some game hens, right before thet are done, dip in that sauce, then a minute or two over the coals...yum.

LOL Oh ****. I didn't realize you made your own rubs. I just googled "Wolfe Rub Citrus" and Wolfe Rub BBQ Seaonsings, LLC came up out of Bealeton, VA. Then I looked at the location in your signature and well...yeah. LOL

Ok...so...I want some. I went to Fred's Music & BBQ, as it was the first link that came up on Yahoo, but the page came up blank on their website.

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Originally posted by G Dechaine:
Here's an article on siracha sauce...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05...dining/20united.html

I agree with the guy in the article, 'Siracha sauce is da bomb'! It has a much better overall flavor with a good bite of heat than any hot sauce I've ever had.

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
LOL Oh ****. I didn't realize you made your own rubs. I just googled "Wolfe Rub Citrus" and Wolfe Rub BBQ Seaonsings, LLC came up out of Bealeton, VA. Then I looked at the location in your signature and well...yeah. LOL

Ok...so...I want some. I went to Fred's Music & BBQ, as it was the first link that came up on Yahoo, but the page came up blank on their website.

Hayden, unfortunately for reasons beyond my control I had to close Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasonings the first part of the year. If you are interested in the rubs you can still get the recipes HERE!

Oh Larry you are killing me here. I adore Siracha sauce. For me it's got the perfect balance of heat and flavor (plus it has a rooster on the bottle and I collect rooster things). Those wings look absolutely mouth-watering wonderful. The perfect accompaniment to a sixer! If those pics don't do them justice I may not have been able to handle seeing them 'live' then!
icon_wink.gif

Looks like you had some smoke wood on there too, what did you use if I may ask.

Also did you put the WRC on them as they went on the grill or after they were sauced?

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
Did you cook these indirect from start to finish?

Indirect the whole time. With the amount of sugar in the sauce, it would be very hard to do these direct without burning! You can tell, even doing them indirect, they got a little burn in a couple spots.

Originally posted by Ken_K:
Looks like you had some smoke wood on there too, what did you use if I may ask.

Also did you put the WRC on them as they went on the grill or after they were sauced?

Ahh Ken, I forgot about that. It was two small pieces of cherry wood.

I put the Wolfe Rub Citrus on them about an hour before they hit the grill.

Who knew that siracha is pretty much an american product? I've always got a bottle in the fridge. From now on, though, I'm only buying the stuff with the green top, the original.

Anytime you make an asian-style marinade, it's a great way to add heat. More authentic than louisiana-style hot sauce. veg oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, siracha, soy sauce, that's all you need.

I'm still debating my first cook on the Weber Performer's virgin journey this upcoming weekend. Needless to say, I've been looking at a lot of Larry's pictures for inspiration. Wings have moved into first place.

Larry, What was put on the wings b/f they went on the grill? They look like they have a bit of marinade or rub on them. Thanks.

they look awesome I could literally eat every one of them at once. It would be a tornado of wings, papertowels and beer.

Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Larry, What was put on the wings b/f they went on the grill? They look like they have a bit of marinade or rub on them. Thanks.

they look awesome I could literally eat every one of them at once. It would be a tornado of wings, papertowels and beer.

Thanks Jamie! I put Wolfe Rub Citrus on them prior to cooking, then refridgerated for about an hour.

Larry I just ordered the ingredients for WRC, hopefully I'll get them by the weekend because I soooo want to make these wings and I'm sure they won't be the same without the rub.

Man, those wingies look fantastic!
I'll take them on our next Sierra Club hike potluck as I was thinking about taking some chicken wings. Thanks for the great recipe idea!

[/QUOTE]

Hayden, unfortunately for reasons beyond my control I had to close Wolfe Rub BBQ Seasonings the first part of the year. If you are interested in the rubs you can still get the recipes HERE![/QUOTE]

I scoured that entire thread and couldn't find it. I know I wear glasses, but I didn't think i was ENTIRELY blind. Lil help please? :)

Back