Genesis E-310 / E-320

G

I'm seriously interested in the E-310 / E-320 series grills.
They look very nice. But I'm having trouble finding any reviews on them. I suspect its because they are so new.

Has anyone got anything on these? Comments, etc?

Are they even available yet? Nobody seems to have them in stock.

I just picked up my new E-310 (LP premium model with the 7mm stainless steel rods and SS flavorizer bars) on Friday... so far I can say that it was easy to assemble (I'm not mechanically inclined, and it took me about 2 hours). I don't have a lot of experience with the older models, but the quality seems to be in line with the older ones.

Last night I did my first test run with some burgers... they were good. I'll post more as I get a little more experience with the grill. Tonight: NY strip steaks.

BTW: there's one review on amazon.com now for the S-310.

Oh, and as for availability, I did a special order through my local ACE hardware (here in MA where it's not prime grilling season by any means). They stock the standard and premium models... for the $50 more I think the premium is worth it.

I ordered on Sunday March 4th, and the grill was available for pickup on Friday March 9th.

I heard there was a big recall on these. The Genesis E-320 has caught my eye but i might wait it out.

Any bad reviews yet??

Looks like the recall is on the E-320
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07122.html

NEWS from CPSC
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 6, 2007
Release #07-122 Weber-Stephens Recall Hotline: (866) 249-3237
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Weber-Stephen Products Recalls Gas Grills Due to Fire Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of product: Weber® Genesis® 320™ Series Gas Grills

Units: About 14,000

Manufacturer: Weber-Stephen Products Co., of Palatine, Ill.

Hazard: The gas hose attached to the side burner of the grill can crack or break off during shipping, causing it to leak gas when in use, which poses a fire hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Weber has received 49 reports of hose damage or gas leaks. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves the Weber® Genesis® 320™ Series gas grills which are designed to be used with either natural gas or with liquid propane gas tanks, and are equipped with a flush-mounted side burner accessory. The gas hose is made of stainless steel. The grills are sold in stainless steel and in black, blue or green porcelain enamel. All serial numbers begin with the prefix “DI”. The model and serial number are located on the tank blocker/drip pan holder located inside the storage cart.

Only the following product names and model numbers are included in this recall:

Product Name Model Numbers
Genesis® E-320™ 3751001; 3757001; 3758001; 3851001
Genesis® S-320™ 3780001; 3880001
Genesis® EP-320™ 3751301; 3752301; 3757301; 3758301; 3851301
Genesis® ESP-320™ 3750101; 3750201; 3850101
Genesis® CEP-320™ (Sold in Canada Only)
3751701; 3752701; 3851701

Sold at: Home Depot, Ace Hardware and Home Centers, Tru-Serve, Do-It Best, and other home improvement and hardware stores nationwide from November 2006 through February 2007 for between $450 to $770.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the gas grill immediately and contact Weber-Stephen to obtain a free replacement gas hose and schedule a free installation.

Consumer Contact: Call Weber-Stephen toll-free at (866) 249-3237 between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the company’s recall web site at http://www.weberrecall.com

Thanks for posting this information. I'll be buying one in Denver in April or May. And I'll be looking forward to some cooking reports too.

Rita

It was a side burner gas line issue that was taken care of rather fast by changing the fitting on the manifold. If the grills box has a green dot sticker, or the manifold has an angled fitting for the side burner and a green dot sticker on the manifold it is not part of the recall.

Back