Georgia comps

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
I just signed up for Smoke on the water in Thomaston, April 1-2.

Also signed up for Barnesville BBQ & Blues Festival April 22-23 in Barnesville.

Atlanta BBQ Festival will be back Sep 30th & Oct 1st, sign ups are not out yet though.

Would also like to do the Ga/Fl cookoff in Jessup in October as well.

Anyone attending or competing at any of these ?

Oh yeah...

Gonna give a good try for Barnesville & Thomaston. Definately going to do Jesup, had a really good time there last year.

What's the team name?? I'll be sure to come by with a couple of coldies and we'll chew a little fat!!

Russ

We (Kudzu Q) are planning on doing Thomaston and hopefully Barnesville. We did Thomaston last year and it is a great contest. The boys that put it on do a great job.

You might consider doing some GBA comps. We will be at Perry, GA this weekend. We are planning on hitting all of the GBA this year.

I would highly recommend the Canton contest in October. They do a first class job of taking care of the cook teams. Never seen a contest organized like that... They bring you ice upon request, they have a decent goodie bag, they had a trailer load of Kingsford they gave away last year and they have some light snacks and drinks (beer) late Friday and Saturday afternoon. They provide a hot, fresh-cooked breakfast buffet Friday and Saturday morning and bring donuts in the middle of the night.

Back