Favorite Smoke Wood Companies?

Brandon A

TVWBB All-Star
Hey guys, just wondering what your favorite place to get wood is these days? I've been out of the loop for awhile. I checked smokinlicious but they didn't have any apple or pecan which I was really looking for.

Brandon

I bought a box or red oak from smokinlicious. It was very expensive, the wood and box had a very musty odor, and I haven't been too impressed. They burn nicely, but no real advantage flavorwise. If anything, they're a bit too mild.

Defintely not worth the price to me.

Thanks for the help guys, I got thirty lbs of wood coming from fruitawood. I can get maple, oak, hickory and mesquite pretty easily, but up here in Iowa its harder to find fruit woods. 10lbs of cherry, apple, and pecan on their way!
icon_smile.gif

Hey guys, just wondering what your favorite place to get wood is these days? I've been out of the loop for awhile. I checked smokinlicious but they didn't have any apple or pecan which I was really looking for.

Brandon
Walmart carries WESTERN brand and it's about the least expensive store-bought (for small bags).
Chunks or chips.

I have a friend.... Cherry, best I've ever used bar none! Need to tap him, he wil be cutting soon and the bushel he gave me last season is just about gone. Good to have friends that understand! Now I need to find a friend with some pecan and/or hickory! Networking boys and girls!

Back