Propane tank

G

How do you check the emptiness of the tank, I don't believe my rusted gauge is very accurate at all. Saw another post about pouring hot water on it, how does that indicate remaining propane?

What is the name of the adapter on the propane tank that connects to the QCC-1 hose. I found a rather new propane tank without that adapter, so I like to know how to remove the adapter from a tank that is nearing the end of certification and install on the newer tank.

I don't know if it is any good - how do I test or bring to refill station?

David in New England

Pour hot water down the side of the tank then feel the surface with your hand. The surface will feel warm where the tank is empty, cool where there is propane. The transition from warm to cool indicates how full the tank is.

Regards,
Chris

Or you could just keep 2 tanks. When one runs out just replace it. Then you know that it was truly empty. The tank change can usually be done in just a minute or 2.

Using 2 tanks is what I'm trying to do, but I need to remove the Hanson adapter on the old propane tank and install on the new tank.

Tried needle nose plier and turning clockwise, but won't budge, is there a specific 3 prong tool that fits into the inside diameter to remove the adapter?

Back