Friday Is My Day: Got it!: Quick thoughts on the 22.5

Greg C

TVWBB Member
Major gambit has payed off!

6 Discover Cashback Bonuses - $300.00 (total)

2 Giftcards - $65.00 (total)

$65.00 from my snow shoveling at my in-laws house.

Ordering my 22.5 WSM and expecting the newest member of my bbq'n family this Friday.....Priceless!

GOT IT FRIDAY-SOME THOUGHTS:

I kept on reading people saying it is big. I kept thinking how much bigger? It is still a WSM can't be that much different. Well....

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

This thing is big and beautiful! My wife upon seeing it made a "Whoa" sound with that air sound (as if getting the air knocked out). I definitely look forward to the extra q space. My 18.5 is packed for most Q's. I have been putting my homemade beans on for awhile and with everything on the 18.5 can be challenging. The dry fit of the 22.5 looks like I have excellent access to the second grate and room for beans and sauce if needed.

2. The charcoal ring is big. I have read the posts about making the expanded metal ring (smaller / higher) for the minion method. I may do that one weekend.

3. Last year I put together a raffle package at work and built a basic tailgater package (chairs/cooler/ tongs/ spatula/ grill etc.) Unfortunately I bought a small portable grill (not a Weber). It had a ton of tiny parts and took a long to assemble. Finished product was horrible. I LOVE ASSEMBLING WEBER PRODUCTS (minimal parts / good amount of common sense). I smiled when putting this together. Solid and stable. Assembled in minutes.

4. After reading the post on "Bad Weber Customer Service" -which by the way has been an interesting post to follow (stories of pain, sorrow,and angst). I was hoping that those were the rarities. I am happy to say everything is great (for me). Perfect fit out of the box (better than my 18.5 WSM). Even the much maligned door has a good fit. Plus the ability for the door to rest open (flanges) is a good idea.

5. The enclosed cover is a welcomed addition in the total scheme of things. Rather than ordering another item (AND SPENDING $50.00-$60.00).

6. True to other posts the little "flange" on the vents hit the charcoal grate at times. Very easy fix though.

VERY IMPRESSIVE ITEM. THANKS WEBER!!!
AND AGAIN THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO ON THIS SITE

Keep on Keepin' On

Performer, 18.5 WSM, 2 Smokey Joe Platinums, Weber Fire Pit, and a Darn Good Wife!!

Back