Proposed new Weber products

Monte Petersen

I got to talk to a Weber rep a couple of weeks ago and this might be old news around here but thought I would pass it on anyhow. He said that they were planning on bringing out a 22" WSM with an improved water pan. He also said that they were bringing out a bigger kettle grill that would be a size in between the Ranch and the 22" kettle. He said they used to have one that size called the "Texan" and they were going to try it again. I was wondering how many of you would look at the 22" WSM for a replacement or in addition to your standard WSM?

Any time table?

The larger WSM and kettle sounds great! However, I know my wife is going to scream if I start adding more toys.
icon_frown.gif

Of course, I'd look at it! Butt, this has been talked about for years and Weber has always denied (so I've heard) this would happen.

Soooo, I'll believe it when I see it.
icon_wink.gif

Bill

The rep didn't give any exact dates but acted like it was a done deal and that it would be an 08-09 deal. I met this guy at a 4th of July festival and he seemed pretty confident in his information. He mentioned the redesigned water pan and I think he said that there would be a built in thermometer. Price was going to be in the 400's.

Hmmm, I wonder if they have taken a look at some of the suggestions here to improving the WSM and taken some cues. If they just take the current model WSM and "blow it up" to proportion, I would be greatly disappointed.

However, if they made structural and functional improvements, and the MSRP is $400. Amazon would probably sell for 300-350, I'd be interested...

Ditto, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Put some nylon handle on the middle section, as well as pre drilled holes for therms.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Davis:
Isn't there a Weber CSR that posts here? Maybe he knows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HAHA!!! I was thinking Monte was a Weber rep probing....

A 26" Kettle would be great, depending on the price. I think the Rancher is waaayyy expensive.

A 22" WSM with handles and an available stacker would be freaking awesome. Under $400 bucks of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Davis:
Isn't there a Weber CSR that posts here? Maybe he knows . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HAHA!!! I was thinking Monte was a Weber rep probing....

A 26" <span class="ev_code_RED">Performer</span> Kettle would be great, depending on the price. I think the Rancher is waaayyy expensive.<span class="ev_code_BLUE"> I second that. We need the 26"</span><span class="ev_code_RED">Performer </span> <span class="ev_code_BLUE">to split the difference.</span>

A 22<span class="ev_code_BLUE">.5</span>" <span class="ev_code_BLUE">or 26"</span> WSM with handles and an available stacker would be freaking awesome. Under $400 bucks of course. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <span class="ev_code_BLUE">I'd buy either. Please Weber Please!</span>

LOL!! I wish I were a Weber rep and had access to discount products. This guy was helping do a fund raiser for his church but had a cool Weber tent awning that would be awesome to have and that is how we struck up our conversation. He was pretty busy setting up so I didn't have too long to talk to him but we did talk about some of the common mod's people have done to make their WSM better and he indicated that Weber had listened and was responding to customer input. Let's just hope that what he said is true and we will get to see these products come out soon.

i would buy one the instant they went for sale. i would love to have a second one but i cannot justify having two of the same thing.

Back