Ladies & Gentlemen...Start Your Smokers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
We're only about an hour from the "official" start of WSM Smoke Day VIII!

I hope you all have a great day (or weekend) barbecuing with friends and family, however you choose to celebrate, whatever you decide to cook!

Please post lots of photos to show us what you made and how you enjoyed it!

And please take a moment on Monday to remember those who paid the ultimate price for the freedoms we enjoy.

Happy Smoke Day to all of you,
Chris

Is it too early?? (bone-in butt for 5/26 lunch)

smokeday052612.jpg

Smoke in Middle Georgia. For starters 5lbs of beef jerky to get the coals started then finish the day off with ribs and pork loin. Planning on about 14 hours of smoke.

Smoke over Rocket City Alabama. Butt is on for 5-ish samiches with family and friends Cook plan is for ribs on at 1100.

SmokeDay8Butt.jpg

First brisket ever in my not quite a year old WSM. Dropped it in about 30 minutes ago it is our 11 year anniversary today so got a little bit of a late start. I have a pint mason jar with aluminum foil wrapped around it so the brisket drapes over it, this big packer would not quite fit on the 18.

Can someone tell me how much water to put in a foil pan to catch the drippings? Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JTodd:
First brisket ever in my not quite a year old WSM. Dropped it in about 30 minutes ago it is our 11 year anniversary today so got a little bit of a late start...

Can someone tell me how much water to put in a foil pan to catch the drippings? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
t
Depending on how much time you have to cook you might consider going to high heat : see here Water not needed.

check the link towards the end for more discussion.

Have fun!

I did an overnight, took two butts off a little while ago. They're resting in a cooler, to be pulled soon.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

LarryR checking in. Have family coming over for some ribs and burnt ends (all the fixings of course). Will be a joyous smoke day for sure. Happy Smoke Day to everyone.

Spare ribs rubbed and ready for today, brisket going on the Bullet Monday.

Procrastinated and didn't get any SDVIII stuff ordered, so I'm sending Chris a little beer money via a PayPal donation, hope others will too.

Happy Smoke Day everyone!

Got a bit of a late start today, but we usually eat dinner late anyway. Butt is on the smoker, ribs go on in a bit. Seems I lost the manual for my Maverick, had to find it online. And we were also out of charcoal. Too many delays today!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And we were also out of charcoal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_eek.gif

need a bag or twenty?
DSCN9130.JPG

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Happy Smoke Day VIII</span> to everyone from Raymond Wisconsin!
DSCN0120.JPG

5 pound brisket on....
DSCN0113.JPG

the rain has stopped (for now), the sun is out and the P1Gvilion is <span class="ev_code_BLUE">smokin'!!</span>
DSCN0128.JPG

6 pound brisket, marinated in Moore’s Marinade for 24 hours. Seasoned with John Henry’s Pecan Rub.
DSC_6289.jpg

WSM fired up and steady at 225 at 7:15 AM
DSC_6292.jpg

Brisket put onto the smoker with hickory and oak chunks.
DSC_6293.jpg

Happy Smoke Day Y'all!

Day will begin with HH brisket followed by baby backs followed by peri peri chicken...
P1010187.jpg

Smell of pork and smoke filling the hood south of Charlotte. Spares and beans on the wsm and Cuban style butt on the gasser.

Just took off a small (3 lb) boneless pork loin (only a two-hour cook)about 20 minutes ago. Too many things going on,which precluded doing anything requiring much time. Of course, not participating wasn't an option. But did have to taste test it-- looks like I'll have a bunch of tasty sandwiches this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back