Crack Dip Fatty

Bryan B

TVWBB Fan
Hello all,

I tried my first fatties this weekend, and came up with this experiment. I'm not sure if something like this has been posted before (I searched but did not see it), but this came out great for me. It uses buffalo chicken cheese dip (aka crack dip) as the stuffing.

Here's the recipe (proportions are for 2 fatty's since that is how many I made)

Ingredients:

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 8oz philadelphia cream cheese regular
texas pete hot sauce
1 pack gwaltney hardwood smoked bacon
2 12 oz tyson canned white chicken
2 16 oz rolls ground sausage

Instructions:

1) Spread sausage out in ziploc bag
2) Combine shredded cheese, cream cheese, texas pete, and canned chicken to form the "crack dip" mixture. I don't have the exact amount of hot sauce I used (just kinda winged it)- this is a judgement call anyway depending how into spicy you are.
3) Place crack dip mixture into middle of fatty, and roll fatty together.
4) Wrap fatty in foil and/or saran wrap and freeze for 30 mins to an hour so it gets good and firm.
5) Wrap fatty in bacon.
6) Smoke at 225-250 for approx 3 hours. I used 2 chunks of cherry wood and it came out really well. Could use a different wood I suppose but cherry seemed to go really well with these ingredients.

Pics of final product:

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

Thanks, Bryan. That looks like a great recipe. I just did two small fatties (took a few ounces off the 1 lb. sausage pack to test and tast, then divided the rest to to quart size baggies) -- one with cheddar the other with a pizza combo. Worked well, but I just tasted and end cut and froze both. And now here you have my stomach growling for your recipe!!
icon_razz.gif

Rich

Nice Bryan, that thing looks awesome! From what I have been reading, I thought the cook time at 250ish should only be like 1 1/2 hours or so? Did 3 hours work for yours? Or is that because you doubled it up and used two rolls of sausage? I am making my first fatty this weekend as well so I am just checking so I can time it somewhat right...

Back