What does "In Stock" mean?

Mike Neiner

TVWBB Member
I clicked the 22inch WSM AD on the main page for TVWB that stated "IN Stock" and found an Amazon ship date of 4 to 7 weeks. Just what exactly does "In Stock" mean?

I've noticed this for a couple weeks now?

Not sure how the ad is fed to the site, but it's disingenuous to keep it on the site. In every other way this site is completely credible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Neiner:
I clicked the 22inch WSM AD on the main page for TVWB that stated "IN Stock" and found an Amazon ship date of 4 to 7 weeks. Just what exactly does "In Stock" mean?

I've noticed this for a couple weeks now?

Not sure how the ad is fed to the site, but it's disingenuous to keep it on the site. In every other way this site is completely credible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It means that yes they have them in stock, they really do. I pre-ordered mine Oct 15th, 08 and it just shipped on Friday Dec 26th, 08. But because of the supply and demand thing, and where you fall into line in the purchasing/ordering of said 22" WSM, it could take up to 4-7 weeks for you to get one. It's a hot item, and the demand is greater than the supply at the present time.
icon_wink.gif
HTH

Just got off the phone with my source. I had them order inventory way back when the word first hit the street. They are a big dealer by regional standards. They have received nothing and the Weber rep is not returning calls or emails. There is obviously a shortage. That could be production problems, huge demand or a third unknown reason.

Back