Recommend a Digital Remote Temperature for Gasser

KenWood

Hello all,

I just bought a Summit Plat D6 gasser. I wanted a Weber all my life.

18.gif
I want to learn the ways of the force and become a BBQ Jedi like yourselves.
6.gif

Since the Summit D6 has lots of burners and a smoker box - I want to start smoking on it (a WSM will have to come later). So I want to start of with ribs and eventually get to a brisket.

So I would like some recommendations and why on a Digital remote temperature for a gasser

If you have a link...that's even more helpful.

Thanks

Digital remote thermometer probes are typically rated to only 392°F (200°C), and most often get fried at grill temps. Even in a WSM, on a high temp cook like turkey, you have to wait until the cooker temp stabilzes below the probe's rated temp before putting it in. Try a search here in the forums on "Maverick ET-73" and "NuTemp 701".

My ET-73 has been cussed and dicussed...for a couple of years it still works albeit with short range. Others have addressed the range issue. It may be the best $38 I have spent.

I use the Maverick every time I smoke, and I never use the remote receiver (the signal doesn't penetrate my outside wall). I still consider it a pretty good deal. It is reasonably accurate, and I haven't been able to kill it yet. You can't go far wrong.

Back