Awesome demonstrations on Weber Nation

Phil Hartcher

TVWBB All-Star
Jamie
Welcome and thank you for your input and support to the board. Unfortunately I haven't got a copy of your book yet, it is only now starting to become visible and available in a couple of the major book stores here in Australia.
I would like to pay you the highest compliments regarding your demonstration videos on Weber Nation I particularly liked the Mussels that you did in the Q and the Pizzas that you did in the Genesis.
I demonstrate for Weber in Australia of a Saturday for about 2-3 months leading up to Christmas and for about 4 weeks after, I know how tough it is to stand in front of strangers and extol the virtues of a great product like Weber and then try to change the average Australian male's idea of burning meat into something more gourmet. As you are probably aware That the majority of Australians use a gasser and only use a Weber kettle to do a roast. It is a hard road to change their minds one at a time but we seem to be making headway. The idea of low and slow is completely foreign; there are only a few that own the WSM. I sold two this season and both people were what you would call obsessive BBQers.

I have been putting together a series of recipes for the Q and trying to develop the dishes to a multi cultural flavour. I had pipis (similar to mussels, smaller with a cream coloured shell) done with basil in Thailand. Your mussel recipe for the Q has inspired me to develop the basil recipe for the Q, which I will add to the rest, I hope you don't mind.
Have you tried your Pizzas on the Q, I can’t see why they wont work.

Keep up the fantastic work, you are a great ambassador for Weber and an inspiration to all.

Regards

Phil,

It's an honor to hear all the way from Australia. I am happy you like those recipes from Weber Nation. Of course I don't mind you adapting them to suit your own circumstances and inspirations. For me, that's exactly what a recipe should do -- point you in a direction. It's up to you where you end up.

I can tell you that pizzas work really, really well on the Q. That cast-iron grate gets as hot as the bottom of brick oven, and the heat is very evenly distributed, so you get a fantastically crisp, toasted crust.

Cheers,
Jamie

Back