Genesis Silver A - LP to NG Problem

G

Hello Everyone,

I ordered a LP to NG conversion kit from Weber for my Genesis Silver A. After installing everything and hooking up the gas, I noticed that the flames are much larger than before. At the highest setting with LP the flames would be about "tooth" sized, now with NG they are 3 inches or longer. The grill also heats up about 3 times as fast. It seems like there is too much gas coming out. Is it possible I need some kind of secondary regulator? FYI the pipe coming out of the wall is 3/4" and I used two couplers to get it down to 3/8".

Thanks for the help!

Regardless of what kind of answers you get off the board, I would definitely be calling Weber CS.

Paul

A few simple tests will tell us what is wrong here. Do not pre-heat the grill on high. Start the grill and turn both burners to the lowest setting. Let the temp level off. If it is more than 350 deg. the manifold is too hot. Also you should check with the gas co. to find out what the "water collum pressure" is. Most are 7.5" If it's more, you may need a regulator.

There is a whole slew of trouble shooting that should be done with this type of situation. 1-800-446-1071

Justin

Listen to Joe. He knows what he is talking about. I would do the temp check that Joe describes and check with the gas company, then armed with that info as joe suggests call Weber CS.
I always recommend the customer purchace the correct BBQ model in the first instance. I never recommend converting from one gas source to another for the reasons you have experienced. Most people would not think there was a problem and just put it down to the change of gas. You were very astute in realising that this difference may be a problem.

Regards

Back