Did you know The Weber Ranch Pre 2010 was 44 3/4 inches and now 37 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I would assume they don't sell many of the Ranch model and it is seen as a luxury or professional item so wouldn't think they need or want to cut corners.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derrick H:
Wow. I would assume they don't sell many of the Ranch model and it is seen as a luxury or professional item so wouldn't think they need or want to cut corners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus, the cost of changing the tooling for stamping out a different size body can't be insignificant. Maybe they wore out the old dies and, having to build new ones anyway, decided to go to a smaller size?

Here's the deal.
My pre 2010 grate measures 36.5 inches OD, and the bowl is 37.75 inches OD.

From the Weber site, I assume for the current model:
Grill Dimensions
With the lid open:
Height: 42 inches
Width R-L: 37.75 inches
Depth: 44.75 inches

I guess depth includes the lid holder and handle. (I did not measure this)

My width, overall bowl, matches the 37.75 measurement.
Must have had their numbers messed up in the earlier manual using the depth dimension.

Bob I also have a Ranch Kettle and was suprised when I looked up info on mine and read the new manual showing smaller dimensions. You are correct they had an error and after me contacting them VIA phone and email they are correcting it in future printing of manuals. Below is their reply sent to me VIA Email

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. The Ranch Kettle has always had a 37.5" cooking surface. The 44.75" measurement refers to the entire grill, frame and lid roller included.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you,

Doug
Customer Service Representative
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
1890 North Roselle Road
Suite 308
Schaumburg, Il 60195
Phone 800.446.1071
Fax 847.407.8900
www.weber.com

Ya I might of thought the same thing with this old Weber Ranch that I'm trying to get back into shape, but when I ordered a new charcoal grate they informed me that the dimensions are the same. Which surprised me since this grill is 40 years old and some say possibly older. FYI I was also worried about maybe they skimped on the diameter of metal rods that they use on the grates, NOPE! Way to go Weber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back