Wish we had a chat room here..heeeey Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
Is there any plans to add a live chat room here within TVWB? Would be kinda cool! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Just thinkin' out loud!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

soooooooooo, you want to go from checking the board four times a day to staying on line all the time.....you must be retired....lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keith Raines:
[qb] soooooooooo, you want to go from checking the board four times a day to staying on line all the time.....you must be retired....lol /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not retired yet!! Still got 9yrs to go. Hope I make it!! Gotta be 55 to retire from phone company. Would be kinda cool to be able to chat live when you wanted to. Asking questions and the like. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

From personal experience, chat rooms are very resource-intensive, and can bring the average webserver to its knees in the blink of an eye. Third-party solutions are available, but lack an element of control, i.e. just about anybody can get on and spam, flame, abuse, etc. To have the ability to offer a chat and restrict its logins to TVWBB users could be, ultimately, rather costly.

What Doug said.
Put your questions forward and reap the responses. The general questions board is designed for this reason. If you have a valid question you will get tons of answers.
People here are full of knowledge and ideas. If we want to chat we'll get on the phone.

No, I don't have any plans to add chat anytime soon. It has been tried by others in the past, and it never seems to take off.

For example, I just visited the KCBS website (www.kcbs.us) which offers chat. Zero people chatting.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back