Utility Cart

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
OK-This isn't a WSM mod but I've been looking for an older Stainlees steel Performer to mount my WSM on. Until I find it I came up with this to hold some of my stuff. I took the frame from an old Genesis Gold and made this to use at comps or on the deck.
100_1562.jpg

100_1563.jpg

100_1564.jpg

It's too low to do prep work on, but sturdy enough to use as utility table and rolling cart.
The Weber name lives on!

Very good! I've been looking for something like this to replace my abandoned gas grill/storage/sink/workspace/fire extinguisher/papertowel holder eyesore.

Euagh.jpg

Tell me more about the counter top.

Donald

That stainless table looks like a great platform for a Smokey Joe Platinum. Does the SJP come in <span class="ev_code_RED">red?</span>

The top is Stainless steel. My brother does custom welding for Marine applications and has been building a 38' steel sailboat for years, labor of love. Something he had laying around.

Just saw an old Weber gasser at a garage sale Saturday that was beyond repairing. But whose to say it couldn't be refurbished. Need to drive by and look before the garbage man runs again.
Looks like you owe someone a nice Q dinner. That piece of stainless for the top sure beats the heck out of a sheet of formica.

I was once scowled upon for stating something was “very Martha Stewart”, and then I was accused of “Stewartism” when I used a long planter as a caddy for three smaller flowerpots used for flatware service at a barbecue feast! I have since put all my doilies away and use nothing but brown institutional papertowels for everything from toilet paper to napkins to shop towels!
I do still use the planter set up, and I can store it in my giant cooler!
I like the trolley very much and can appreciate the feelings about the short leg issue. When I did the table mod in my avatar, I had scored some old lawnmower wheels and inserted 3/4” pipe into the other end to rais it the additional 4”, my back has never been happier working at the grill!

Last edited:
Excellant idea Brian i love this i wish our climate would allow me to have this outside on a uncovered deck. As it would allow me to store all the things i have to make trips into thr house to get. I think i would still make one then store in garage.

Back