Got a K convert next door!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
My next door neighbor got a side smokebox for his gas/charcoal combo grill for father's day. I told him to let me know if he wanted any advice/help when he fired it up,and also directed him to this site. This morning,he asked! I went over with a bag of K and my old off brand chimney in hand. I showed him how to light the chimney,and told him how to load the smoker. Came home for breakfast and am gonna head over in just a couple to supervise the loading of his BBs. I'll let you know how his progress goes.

Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ... well, you know the rest...

Bob W.

My brother just told me(He has an big *** offside smoker)that to keep the costs down he warms the smoker with pure wood,when it turns to coal he adds briquettes(smoking temp now)

And the briquettes holds it at an even temp for a long time when the heat starts to drop add some more lit ones.

I have no xp in offset but i think this sounds like a good thing to do.

Bless

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert W:
Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ... well, you know the rest...

Bob W. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ and you know you are stopping by his house for dinner!

That is how I learned it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ and you know you are stopping by his house for dinner! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Give a man some BBQ, feed him for a day. Show a man how to BBQ and he says No thanks, I'll just keep coming to your house!

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Jess,I like it!
icon_biggrin.gif

After we had a dang fine meal of PP,grilled corn,bbq beans and cole slaw, I saw him sitting on his patio with his wife. I asked him how he liked the ribs and he said they were the best he'd ever had! Ladies and gentlemen,I think we have our latest inmate at the asylum! I know he's got the bug,because he asked me about brisket! Yep. He's hooked!

Back