TV Show in the future???

C. Howlett

TVWBB Super Fan
Jamie:

Ditto congratulations on the book. I picked up The Big Book some time ago, so I was especially pleased to see a live fire book coming out. Even better, I got a free copy for survey participation. Weber rules!

Question: My PBS station carries America's Test Kitchen and BBQ U. Shouldn't Weber consider a television show? Shouldn't you host? Shouldn't this happen sooner rather than later?

No pressure. I'm just asking.

I'd be very happy to put together a show with Weber. I'm not sure I'm ready for "prime time," but I have gotten a little experience with some videos (grilling classes) on www.webernation.com. In fact we are getting ready to record a new batch of those classes. If you have any topics/recipes that you would like to see, please let me know.

Jamie
jamie@jamiepurviance.com

Jammie,

Great book. It has once again converted me back to the fine art in cooking over coals. I have a great Weber Genesis and I just don't cook on it that often, unless it si for a quickie.

Mike

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Purviance:
I'd be very happy to put together a show with Weber. I'm not sure I'm ready for "prime time," but I have gotten a little experience with some videos (grilling classes) on www.webernation.com. In fact we are getting ready to record a new batch of those classes. If you have any topics/recipes that you would like to see, please let me know.

Jamie
jamie@jamiepurviance.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jamie, I've seen the online videos. Don't be so modest. You're more than competitive with the other video cooking talents!

Oh I HAVE suggestions! For starters, had I known how ridiculously easy the apple brined turkey recipe turns out delicious and superior bird, I would have tried that LONG ago! The Stogie Pot Roast recipe is not only easy, it's colorful. Should make for some good TV!

Might I suggest some holiday themed shows i.e. Thanksgiving turkey and sides? 4th of July ribs, shoulder and sides? A broadcast or 2 devoted to the WSM would be MOST appreciated.

Finally, CHRIS, can I nominate/suggest this topic for its own thread so everyone can jump in??

Excellent. I like your ideas about holiday-themed videos and some good appraches to the WSM. I need to peruse this website for some informed advice about using the WSM.

All thoughts are welcome!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C. Howlett:
CHRIS, can I nominate/suggest this topic for its own thread so everyone can jump in?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sure, go ahead and start a new thread.

Regards,
Chris

Back