Ever see a RED Weber Ranch Kettle? Here's one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I only became Weber addicted this year, so I'm still learning about some of the earlier types and colors.
I sure didn't know that they ever made a red Rancher, but I do believe this to be original paint.

Very interesting story in our small time weekly paper about a guy that bbq's for his church's events. The kettle looks faded, and beat up, but must still turn out some great Q.
Everyone raves about his cooking.

000_0215.jpg

edit to reduce pic size

Now this is one grill I would try and make room for in my collection!!! Ive always wondered if they made a red one like this back in the day! Would be a nice centerpiece to the rest of the grills!

Bumping this up for those that didn't see it before it got buried in '09
icon_smile.gif

Still the only red Rancher I've ever seen or heard about.

I bet those legs aren't original. The old ranches Ive always seen like this one were much lower to the ground. These legs do make it a more manageable height for taller folk though. I know one member here did the same thing on his kettles, but his name escapes me now.

I think it's been painted, just like he made the legs himself. Notice how it's more like a pink hue and the sides where it gets really hot are burned.

As far as i remember, going thru all the old Weber records, they were always black. The Ranch is produced in low quantities and may almost be considered a "custom order" when comparing the thousands they make every year of every other model.

the legs are definitely non-original. I am pretty sure they always had more of a base and structure to them.

At some of the larger cookoffs liek Memphis in May, you see not only all kinds of mods like this to the larger grills, but also serious knock-offs of the Ranch.

Still interesting newspaper blurb. BBQ makes many people happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
I think it's been painted ... Notice how it's more like a pink hue and the sides where it gets really hot are burned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know that a lot of the older red-heads were prone to fading, if they were kept somewhere that the sun pounds the bejeepers out of them.
(Red absorbs a lot of UV energy, which breaks-down the pigments - just ask anyone in sunny locales with a Red car, who gets lazy with the wax & maintenance....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back