Weber Smokey Joe 10001?

Jason Noble

TVWBB All-Star
I found a Smokey Joe model 10001 for sale. They want 15$ never used in original box. I have never heard of this model is 15$ a fair price.

im no expert on this.... but i believe it is an 80s model... wooden handle as well.

other than it being a nice vintage to have... a NIB for $15 is good either way. i bought a NIB on a black friday sale with a coupon for about $20.

Becky is correct. 10001 is the color and should translate to Jet Black. These are essentially the same as a SJ Silver but with a wood handle and a slightly different leg/ash pan assembly. I think it is a great price for a new smokey joe, especially one thats more than 20 years old.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Noble:
Sounds good to me! I am meeting the seller in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Please post a picture of it.

Here are pictures of the SJ 10001.

weber012.jpg

weber011.jpg

weber010.jpg

weber009.jpg

weber008.jpg

weber007.jpg

Wow....Im with Jim....thats a steal. I believe the model is SJ-100 and the color is 10001. I havent seen one of those with a screw on handle only rivets.

Im not sure how to post a previous link but there is a discussion from 2009 with photos of the same grill purchased NIB from ebay.

Congratulations!

I didn't know that the SJ ever had 3 air vents on the bottom. My modern SJS has only the one.

You need to check out the thread on mini-WSM builds and see how to put extension handles on each of those covers so you don't risk burning your hand!

By the way, if the sheriff comes knocking, you can always plead the fifth.

I am very pleased with my SJ. The gentelman I purchased the grill from just wanted it out of his storage unit. Besides the SJ I also bought a picnic size Sunbeam gasser and no name small charcoal grill from the 80's. The other grills were in unopened boxs too.

That is a great grill. My best friend has one and we use it on fishing trips. With the three vents you can really get some nice high temps for cooking a beautiful steak. The legs are a bit wobbly so be careful but the airflow makes up for it. You have a winner. Please do what it was made to do and sear something on that baby!

Awesome score! I'm waiting on a mid-late 80s 'Joe to be delivered. The one with the next style skinny leg design the did after the one you just got.

Very nice find. Is there a date code on the lid vent? Also thanks for the close up of the handle. Now I know what mine is suppose to look like. (I just picked up a 1981 low use SJ for $3 today.

That just might just be worthy of Jeffs collection.
It hits 3 out of 4 ticks.

Classic.........Yes
NIB .............Yes
Great Price ...Yes
Color............No
It could be his first Black Weber.:D

Back