Leftovers?

Garry W.

My apologies if this has been asked, I havent ran across it yet if it has. I recently smoked 12 15lb range turkeys for an event and the preplanned number of people didnt show up so I have 3 trays of sliced turkey left. I plan on making a turkey pot pie tonight but what else do you guys use your leftover birds for? Any recipes would be much appreciated
icon_smile.gif

For events I usually don't take leftovers, I wrap them and give them to the hostess/host or whoever to get rid of. But since your stuck with all the bird. There's Turkey Croquettes, turkey pie, turkey gumbo, turkey fritters, turkey loaf, turkey sandwiches, turkey fritatta, sloppy turkey joes, turkey soup, turkey wraps, turkey enchilatas, turkey omelettes, turkey lasagne, turkey chili...
I'm sure there are more. Good eatin!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Dace:
For events I usually don't take leftovers, I wrap them and give them to the hostess/host or whoever to get rid of. But since your stuck with all the bird. There's Turkey Croquettes, turkey pie, turkey gumbo, turkey fritters, turkey loaf, turkey sandwiches, turkey fritatta, sloppy turkey joes, turkey soup, turkey wraps, turkey enchilatas, turkey omelettes, turkey lasagne, turkey chili...
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never taken left-overs before this. My philosophy is "You paid for it, anything left is yours"
icon_biggrin.gif
My bbq catering calculator is always spot-on but when you cook for 250 and only 175 show up, your gonna have leftovers. The people took all they wanted and told me to either take them home or throw it all away. I just couldn't do that so now I face this dilemma as to what to do. I am grateful to the good Lord above my problem is too much vs. not enough to eat. Come to think of it, I think I will call the local homeless shelters to see if they would want them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garry W.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Dace:
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never taken left-overs before this. My philosophy is "You paid for it, anything left is yours"
icon_biggrin.gif
My bbq catering calculator is always spot-on but when you cook for 250 and only 175 show up, your gonna have leftovers. The people took all they wanted and told me to either take them home or throw it all away. I just couldn't do that so now I face this dilemma as to what to do. I am grateful to the good Lord above my problem is too much vs. not enough to eat. Come to think of it, I think I will call the local homeless shelters to see if they would want them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats always a good bet and greatly appreciated from those who need. Rock on Brother!

Back