Can't get weber s-330 above 400 degrees

Brandon USA

Problem: Can’t get my weber S-330 above 400 degrees when all four burners are on.
Normally when I fire up my S-330, I turn on the front three main burners and can get the grill up to 500 degrees and rising between 5 to 10 minutes. Occasionally, I will turn on the 3 front main burners and the front sear burner and the grill is above 500 degrees and rising in less than 5 minutes (beautiful thing). After every grill session, I turn all burners and the liquid propane (LP) cylinder completely off and cover once cool enough.
When taking off my cover prior to another grill session, I noticed that one of the main burner knobs was in the on position, so I turned it to the off position. From this point forward I have had the problem of getting my grill above 400 degrees. I have attempted to reset the excess flow safety device (according to user manual) with no success. Any recommendation would be appreciated. I am trying to resolve before I call Weber.
Additional details: When I turn on one burner, the flame appears to be a normal robust flame. As I turn on additional burners, all flames diminish to the point where there is not enough heat to get the grill over 400 degrees. I have checked for gas leaks and the propane tank is ¾ full.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Figured it out. Time to go grill breakfast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please share with us what the problem was.

Ray

Apologize for delayed response. I repeated the excess flow safety device reset(according to user manual) after leaving the tank disconnected overnight and it worked. Not sure why it did not work the first few times I reset.

Michael

That is from leaving your tank on the Open position for too long I believe. I had a similar issue except the regulator altogether was bad.

Back