Little Rock, Arkansas BBQ places?

Don Irish

TVWBB Pro
Heading there in a couple of weeks to visit my daughter who is in grad school there....any good places I should visit???

If you want good Q. We go to this one a lot. It's my, and alot of my co workers favorite. There is another good on called The Mean Pig. This one is outside of Little Rock in a town called Cabot. It's about 15-20 minutes out depending on traffic. Man VS Food did a shoot there a few weeks ago. It will be shown on the Travel Channel around Thanksgiving. Tha't another good one if you don't mind the drive. Those are my two favorites. As far as hanging out. The River Market area has a lot to offer. Lots of good eats and several nice bars to go to. Hope you have a good stay.

This is one I tried last time I was down to visit my folks. http://www.mcclards.com/

IMO the sauces and seasonings were good but I make better Q! When I go out to eat anything I'm almost always disapointed. What can I say! Vince B

Edit....Just got off the phone with my Dad who lives in Hot Springs Village. He said the whole hog is a great place to go as mentioned above. BTW Steve I drive right through Benton when I go to visit. I'm in the the transmission busines. I remember your town from seeing the Benton Transmissions building as we pass through.

Small world very cool. Vince

Very small world. Benton Transmission is about 5 minutes from my house. That place is always busy. i didn't mention McClards because of the drive from Little Rock, and the wait to get in. racing season, forget it. I have seen lines down the street for that place. If one is in the area, then the wait would be worth it. Fantastic food. You never would think so out a small place. Next time you come through, if you have time I'll take you to Whole Hog. My treat.
icon_smile.gif

Back