Bulletin board reorganization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

No, you're not hallucinating. I've reorganized some aspects of the bulletin board to (hopefully) make things clearer:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The Beginner's Forum has been renamed Barbecuing. This is the place for all general discussion about barbecue, with special emphasis on the WSM, of course.
<LI>The Advanced Forum has been retired. There was always some confusion about what was appropriate to post here vs. in the Beginner's Forum. I went through every post and handled them as follows: 1) Posts related to competition were moved to the Competition Barbecue Forum. 2) Posts related to recipe requests were moved to the Recipe Requests Forum. 3) Actual recipes were moved to the appropriate Recipe Forum (e.g. Pork, Beef, etc.). 4) Outdated posts were deleted. 5) All remaining posts not meeting the above criteria were moved to the Barbecuing Forum.
<LI>The Weber Kettle Forum has been renamed Grilling and is broadened to include grilling on all Weber charcoal and gas grills.
<LI>A New WSM Owners Only Forum has been created in which brand new WSM owners (and wannabe owners) can ask product and operating questions.
[/list]
Best regards,
Chris

How do you know I'm not hallucinating? Maybe I like to BBQ magic mushrooms?

Thanks Chris. I like the new organization scheme. Also, thanks for all the work it must have been to wade through all those posts!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Flynn:
[qb] How do you know I'm not hallucinating? Maybe I like to BBQ magic mushrooms? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm...I?d like to see that in the recipe forum... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Forums look very good this way, i was also confused about the beginners and advanced sections.

Don Marco

Nice job Chris. Your hard work and diligence shows! This site never ceases to amaze me. I still learn something new with each and every visit!

The new design is just fine with me. Even if you changed it everyday it would be ok, because you're always going to get the right answers to every single question you ask from these very knowledgeable members. Maintaining a website is no easy task. I know. Keep up the good work.

I like the new categories, but I must say I preferred the way you previously had the space to reply on the same page as the posts you are replying to - does that make sense ? With the other format you could scroll up and review the other posts while typing your reply. That helped me be a little more accurate in my response.

Paul

Paul, you're right! Now, you have to scroll down. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Great job as always, Chris. I'm just happy with everything that's available here, regardless of the format! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bill

Thanks for enlightening me. I didn't realize you could scroll down while replying and see the other posts. Never hire a country lawyer to set up your computer /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Paul

Chris,

The board looks great. Everything makes sense; I'm always amazed how you managed to keep improving an already outstanding site.

Thanks,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back