Illinois > Chicago: Smoque BBQ

I have been to Smoque countless times, I think it very good also. There is a line out the door everytime I go there, but worth waiting for. Smoque has been featured on Triple"D"

A friend of mine ate at Smoque recently and posted this trip report, he confirms the long line. I think you'll enjoy his pictures.

Chicago-May-2010-Smoque-Smoker2.jpg

I know that for those of you haven't eaten at Smoque this will be hard to believe... I absolutely believe that their brisket would compete with the best Texas has to offer.

It is, without a doubt, my favorite bbq joint. the guys who own it are always there and they look beat.

Smoque is ok, their brisket is the best thing they do imho.

With that said the only bbq in Chicago I will actually pay money for is @ Honey 1. Spares, tips & links.

Honey 1 BBQ
2241 N. Western
Chicago, IL.

I wish i could come close to cooking brisket like theirs. Ideas, anyone?? Their brisket falls apart it is so tender and moist.

Went to smoque last weekend and WOW it blew me away. It was better than ALL of the dozen or so places I have been in KC and throughout the country.

The brisket (sliced and chopped) are a must and the spare ribs were also simply unreal. great sides too....cannot wait to go next time i am i nthe windy city.

If I recall, Smoque was opened by an attorney who got tired of the practice of law.

I CAN RELATE TO THAT!

Maybe there is a BBQ joint in my "Second Act" future!

I've heard Smoque is well worth a visit - I hope to go to Chicago in November for a couple of days and will definitely put it on my "must do" list.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
If I recall, Smoque was opened by an attorney who got tired of the practice of law.

I CAN RELATE TO THAT!

Maybe there is a BBQ joint in my "Second Act" future!

I've heard Smoque is well worth a visit - I hope to go to Chicago in November for a couple of days and will definitely put it on my "must do" list.

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close....he was an IT guy previously.

Yeah Darrell. That Manifesto is pretty cool. I like how they just lay it out there. they don't seem to be bragging, starting an argument, or being snobby about it. They simply state their goals for the food. I think it is well done... even if you disagree with their preferences.

Guess I should try it out..picked up sandwiches from there weeks ago but it was for a friend who was feeling down. When things get better I will do a full feast report.

Back