Painting your WSM

John Reed

Just wondering if anybody has painted their WSM.The reason I ask is my son will be playing baseball for Clemson U. this fall,we went on a visit last fall and if u didn't have "purple and orange" on you got some strange looks. They really know how to tailgate also ,I've never seen anything like it. So I will be bleeding Purple and Orange forever now.

sorry to get off subject but has anybody done this, was it a problem ,is it a no no, any pictures . Thanks,John

Just paint some Orange Longhorns on it, will be the best looking WSM out there.
Hookem Horns

One thing is for sure........you will soon be forced to learn how to say...."Moooooo Yooooo"
icon_wink.gif

As for painting the WSM......you should have no problem painting the middle section and the lid if you use paint rated for 500 or so degrees such as that for car engines. As for the bottom section, you will have to use something rated for about 900 degrees or risk problems with it scorching or even worse, melting, under the extremes of cooking.

Welcome to the ACC........even if it is at one of the minor league representatives. Mike Fox won't take just anyone for the Diamond Heels!
icon_eek.gif
You do know that Rosenblatt is our second home stadium, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Just paint some Orange Longhorns on it, will be the best looking WSM out there.
Hookem Horns </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do u cook that brisket with horns on or off ?
lol

Back