Ultimate NY style pizza recipe

Dan Wicker

TVWBB Fan
This webpage is PACKED with information! Get comfortable while you read this one.

http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

Jeff Varasano has been talked about in the Atlanta foodie community for awhile now. He invites people over to his house to try his pizzas. Supposedly they are just out of this world. That says a lot, because the pizza here in Atlanta is pretty much awful.

He's planning on opening his own restaurant in December, but unfortunately the location he secured will not accommodate a brick oven. That's a major setback for Jeff. He'll have to find another way to produce 900 degree temps to bake in.

But for anyone who wants to know how to make true NY style pizza, this man has it down.

Dan, thanks for this post, it's very interesting reading, this guy really seems to know his stuff when it comes to pizza. I just started making pizza's on my ceramic so timing was perfect.

I saved his list/ranking of Pizzeria's for my travels. I loved this from his highest ranked pizzeria, "This place easily has the WORST service of any restaurant you are likely to visit. They don't like their customers and it shows." Classic!

Interesting article. But there is more to Chicago style pizza than just deep dish, stuffed, or pan.
Give me a southside thin and crispy with sausage and mushrooms.
icon_wink.gif

Tim

Tim, I agree. How about Aurelio's? I grew up going to the original location in Homewood and it still ranks high. I have had pizza at both Sally's and Pepe's on Wooster street - Sally's is probably the best I've had.

Pat, yeah I like Aurelio's, although I've never been to the OL. I grew up around Bridgeport / Brighton Park, it's been a while but Home Run Inn on 31st and Ricobene's on 26th where a few of my favorite's. A little SW is Fasano's on Roberts Rd in Justice' which makes a pretty mean pie
icon_smile.gif

Tim

Back