Ducane Question

Pat Smith

TVWBB Wizard
I found a Ducane 1204SHLPE gas grill FREE on CL in Huntsville - about 90 miles from here. The owner said it needed only new burners to make it operational. My nephew picked it up for me and carried it to my parents farm.

My plan is to restore it- as much as possible - when I am there for Mother's Day weekend. In addition to the burners (assuming that's all it needs), the top part of the grill needs a few good coats of hi-temp paint and I'll have to see about the grill grates.

My question is about the burners.

I found the burners on this site:

Ducane Parts

Can anybody help me decide if I need the burners with the electrodes (which I assume is for the ignition) or without, or one of each?

I'm kinda flying blind here, so any help or hints would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Follow Up - I sent an email to Weber/Ducane last night about the parts I need. I got an email back today from Sean in Weber Customer Service - Sean has helped me before with Weber grill questions.

He gave me the part numbers and the price - which is about half what the third-parties want for the same thing.

Some have written about Weber Customer Service sputtering a little bit but not on my calls and emails. They are and have always been dead on.

Will order the replacement burners tomorrow and have my grill restoration project all set for Mother's Day weekend at the farm.

Pat

Back