Stokerlog 7.0 Release

Amir

TVWBB All-Star
Hi everyone. I have been working on the 7.0 release of Stokerlog. The background for the changes starts in the middle of this page: http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...103/m/784107513/p/26

Some of the features include:

1. The fix for admin requirement on Windows 7. You no longer have to do that.

2. Ability to recall previous cooks. Should you quite manually or the program existing, rebooting, etc., you can recall the previous cook and continue as if that had not happened. This is under File->Restore Previous Cook.

3. Twitter is functional again. You have to get a PIN number that the program requires (it will walk you through it).

4. Some bug fixes.

5. Ability to use food probes as fire probes for Alarm purposes.

6. Ramped temps. You can now configure stoker to trigger temp changes based on what the conditions of other probes.

Here is the install setup: http://www.audiosciencereview.com/downloads/Stokerlog69RC3.exe

You will need to uninstall the old version manually. I think this version is stable enough to use it as your standard version. If something goes wrong, you can always install the old version.

It would be great to get some mileage quickly on this as I like to go ahead and release it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Fixed the download link so that it points to "RC3" version. You should NOT run "RC" as that has fair number of bugs including one where stokerlog starts on every reboot. Not sure how that happened as the link name said RC3 but what it pointed to was RC.

Last edited:
Having issues with automatic lid open detection. Unfortunatly it does work once in awhile.using on Windows xp with the lates stoker and stoker log software. Had the same with 6.9

I really like the restore previous cook function. It is acting strangely for me though. When I hit restore it re-graphs back to the beginning of time, which happens to be 15 hours ago for me. It seems to be remembering multiple sessions prior to just the previous session. Is there a way I can fix this by deleting some log files or something?

Thanks for putting in so much time for us lately...

I discovered that it is possible to select just the portion of the restored graph that I am interested in, so it's not such a big problem now.

The program is also crashing quite often on me, seeming to be associated with a loss of wifi connectivity between the stoker and the router, but not always. It happens about every hour. I have win 7 Home Premium, and have tried running as an administrator, under xp compatibility, and running the program normally. I'm also running .net 4.0.

Originally posted by Doug Morford:
I really like the restore previous cook function. It is acting strangely for me though. When I hit restore it re-graphs back to the beginning of time, which happens to be 15 hours ago for me. It seems to be remembering multiple sessions prior to just the previous session. Is there a way I can fix this by deleting some log files or something?

Thanks for putting in so much time for us lately...
My pleasure. The program automatically deletes logs that are more than 2 days old. If you have cooked more often in the last 2 days you will see the problem you mentioned.

There is a manual fix for that and it involves renaming the trace file. I will do document this later.

For now, if there is a better method than going by the log from 2 days back, let me know.

The program is also crashing quite often on me, often seeming to be associated with a loss of wifi connectivity between the stoker and the router, but not always. It happens about every hour. I have win 7 Home Premium, and have tried running as an administrator, under xp compatibility, and running the program normally. I'm also running .net 4.0.

Can you provide the text of the crash?

Originally posted by Jim Bloomfield:
Having issues with automatic lid open detection. Unfortunatly it does work once in awhile.using on Windows xp with the lates stoker and stoker log software. Had the same with 6.9
Lid open has never worked all that well. I can try to make it better but there is a new scheme that everyone uses which obviates the need for that.

Simply go to the stoker and turn it off. Do what you need and then turn it back on. Stokerlog will keep retrying and will reconnect giving exactly what you want, i.e. fan not running while you have the lid open.

It doesn't provide crash text like I have seen it do with past issues. Is there a way to retrieve that text some how? The program is freezing and becomes un-responsive, I then have to kill it by control-alt-delete.

It doesn't provide crash text like I have seen it do with past issues. Is there a way to retrieve that text some how? The program is freezing and becomes un-responsive, I then have to kill it by control-alt-delete.
If it is hanging that way, no. Does it hang right away? Did the old version work any better in this regard?

@Amir: I am still having an issue in setting high/low fire alarms to a sensor used to monitor the pit temperature when no fire control (blower) is being used. I'm sure it is me. Could you provide brief instructions how to do this.

Also, can a "bellow" feature be added? Presently there are socket commands to do this just no direct user access on the STOKER or the webpage interface. I have made a request to Rocks BBQ to have the programer provide access to the enduser. See http://www.kaytat.com/socket.html CMD_ID 15 and 16.
The user would input the minimum and maxium run times, and the duty cycle time slice in % or seconds.

These values, once set, are not retained in the Stoker. Any ON/Off cycle of the Stoker will reset them.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. New update available that implements two features:

1. Twitters are only sent for probes that are being graphed. If you uncheck them there, the twitts will no longer include that probe data.

2. Graph messages, including the notes you manually add there are broadcast on twitter. There is a small issue where an Alarm is generated at the same time as "Food Ready." I don't want to touch that part of the code and possibly break something :).

Here is the latest link: http://www.madronadigital.com/Downloads/Stokerlog69RC2.exe

@Amir: I am still having an issue in setting high/low fire alarms to a sensor used to monitor the pit temperature when no fire control (blower) is being used. I'm sure it is me. Could you provide brief instructions how to do this.
I can't quite remember it myself :). Here is what I wrote in the other thread:

"So I came up with a "hack" which was easy to do assuming I didn't break anything else. The way it works is that you turn on the fire alarms even though no probe/blower is associated with it. Once there, the "low" value will be used as the low alarm point for any food alarms you activate. In other words, there is a single low temp for all food alarms and is activated by turning on the fire alarm."

In other words, you already have a high alarm for each food probe. What was lacking was a low alarm point. Using the above tactic you get to have a single value for all of the food probes. Anything else would have required rewriting the user interface which is major work as I dynamically build that up based on number of probes in use.

Also, can a "bellow" feature be added? Presently there are socket commands to do this just no direct user access on the STOKER or the webpage interface. I have made a request to Rocks BBQ to have the programer provide access to the enduser. See http://www.kaytat.com/socket.html CMD_ID 15 and 16.
The user would input the minimum and maxium run times, and the duty cycle time slice in % or seconds.

These values, once set, are not retained in the Stoker. Any ON/Off cycle of the Stoker will reset them.
All of that came from me suggesting to him that stokerlog be in charge of the parameters here. He put the code in but at the time, he ran out of space for other functionality and the code was never officially released. I have not checked to see if it is different now. What was missing also was that it was either or. Either stokerlog is in charge or stoker. This is worrisome as if you turn off your PC and stokerlog is in control, the device stops functioning. Ditto for your PC becoming busy and such. What I was hoping he would do is have stoker run by itself and stokerlog would then nudge it one way or the other.

Longer term I will look at implementing this.

Hi Everyone. New update available that implements two features:

1. Twitters are only sent for probes that are being graphed. If you uncheck them there, the twitts will no longer include that probe data.

Thanks for the Twitter/Graph behavior. This works great.

Pete

That's good to know. It may have forced a re-install of .Net framework and that fixed something :).

Back