Gas-Go-Anywhere in Sweden

Tomas Bjornerback

TVWBB Member
I posted in Grilling, but realized that this probably is a better place for this question.

[I have imported a GGA from USA to Sweden, and found an adapter hose]
----

I haven't been using my portable Gas-Go-Anywhere more than a few times. The reason (amongst others) is that I thought it was not giving me enough temperature. It was barely able to grill at all.

Is it the regulator that is not giving me enough, or is the type of gas wrong? (Yes, I should of course post here what type of gas I am using, but the tank is out on the Caravan and it is night...).

Also, in Sweden we don't use gas for anything other than Caravans, as we use electric stoves, so my experience with gas is very limited.

Anyone with a good idea what I can do to ramp up the heat? Drill larger holes in the heat spreading tube? Change type of gas? Change regulator?

Thanks for any input!

A little more information:
The regulator on the Gas Go-Anywhere is a "Hosun R100", URL found here:
http://hosuncompany.trustpass....0/BBQ_Regulator.html

Does anyone know if that unit is what is blocking the "flow" too much, or is it the regulator on the P11 bottle?

Can it be modified in any way to allow more gas to flow through it?

What is the inner workings of a gas regulator? Some kind of membrane? Just a valve?

Thanks!

...hrm, sorry for being the only one posting in this thread, but I have had some progress I wanted to report:

I contacted Honsun and they informed me that "if I disassemble the regulator, there would be a way to adjust the flow (but that I shouldn't do it)".

...I did it...

I found a screw hidden under a sticker in the center of the adjustment knob. By turning the screw I could get more flow of gas at the maximum setting of the knob.

Now, the problem is that when I set it really high, I can actually blow out the entire flame. If I set it to any other low setting, I will never reach a point where I have a flame in the entire flame tube. Only from about 30% of the tube length and to the end (100%) or less.

Why is that?

The tube is just a 20-25 mm thick tube with small holes on the sides where the flames emerge.

Is it too little oxygen mixing with the gas stream?

... gas is a complicated thing, I tell you!

Thomas
It is all to do with the type of gas and the gas/air mix ratio along with the gas flow. It is also one of the reasons that many companies will not export standard (for their county) gas fired products to another country. Generally they have to set the equipment up to match the country's specifications and standards. It is vey difficult for us to offer advice if we do not understand your county's regulations and the set-up.

As you stated "... gas is a complicated thing"

Regards

Hello and thanks for your input!

The mix of my gas is "95% propane and 5% butane" according to the gas manufacturer, if that is of any guidance.

Thanks!

photo.jpg

The flames only burns in the right hand side of the picture..

Gas Go-Anywhere
Tomas, is there an adjustable "collar" at the regulator end of the GGA burner tube?
On most grills there is one that can be adjusted (by twisting) to create the ideal mix of air to propane/butane.
If, on the GGA there isn't one, is it possible to file the openings a bit larger to get more air into the mixture as it enters the burner tube?
The orange flame in your photo indicates that the mixture needs more oxygen. Perhaps you could use the macro setting on your camera to take a photo of the burner tube end where it connects to the regulator - then post it so we can see how the mixture may be adjusted.
I have a friend with a sailboat in the Adriatic and he found it almost impossible to connect his North American marine BBQ to the system they use in Croatia (which also is entirely different from that found in Italy, France and the UK).
I think that we're lucky in North America to have one common system.

Back