New Gas Grill

G

Okay so I've only been a Weber holder for the past 5 years or so. I have an old small genesis, WSM and a Kettle. Anyhow, I'm looking to upgrade my gasser for large parties and what not. What are the essentials I need for a grill? All this talk about a searing thing, and the what not. Also, I can't guarantee my budget will allow more than 800 or so for a grill which means I want the best grill which is a good value for the dollar amount. I'm looking at some Kenmore's, and others. I did see a Brinkman Island Grill for 700 but not familiar with them at all.

For $800 you can get a fine gas grill. We have a Genesis E-320 and have been very, very pleased with it. I think it was abut $500 last Fall when we got it. I had a Kenmore grill before this one and wasn't happy with it. I don't know anything about the others you mentioned, but if you stay in the Weber family, I think you'll be glad you did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Thomas:
I had a Kenmore grill before this one and wasn't happy with it. but if you stay in the Weber family, I think you'll be glad you did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto, The Kenmore was my one and only time I strayed from Weber grills. After 3 years I threw it away and bought my Gold D. Well twice then. I started out on a Brinkman smoker, but that's a smoker not a grill.
icon_biggrin.gif

Well I have some great news for myself
icon_smile.gif
The wife increased the budget for a new grill, just a little bit longer to wait for it.

So now we are looking at Summitts. Which one is the best? I don't think I need stainless steel as that's just an increase in price.

One thing I've heard about Stainless vs. the porcelain, a lot of people prefer the porcelain models.

Very easy to maintin the appearance and very sturdy. The Stainless hoods require a lot of work to keep it's pristine look. Bar keepers friend or what not. The porcelain just needs a good wipe down.

Back