how do i get this grill in my car

B Krikalo

TVWBB Member
great price on a grill, but do not have acces to a truck. how do i get this into my mazda 6?????
5N35Fc5H83M33J33H9c6l5751896dacb81d6c.jpg

A couple of screw drivers and wrenches should handle it. Of course, you or your wife could get in the trunk and pull it with a good rope. Be careful if you try that though. Tell your wife this is just one more reason you need a truck.

Pull the side table off and also the lid. Minimal tools. Just bring an old tarp or blanket. Oh, and a rope to tie the trunk. I stuffed one in a Honda a few weeks ago.
Piece of cake!

Is the Mazda 6 a sedan or compact with a hatchback?
Take the lid off by removing the hairpin cotter keys and pins, take all the grates, flavorizer bars, trays etc. in the inverted lid, and then you will be able to easily maneuver the chassis of the grill into your vehicle (hopefully) then either stick the contents in the lid between the legs of the grill or on your passenger seat. I carry a tarp and a pair of pliers and its down the road I go!

Yeah I'm not sure how this fits in a Mazda 6 even if you take some parts off of it. Maybe a one day truck rental is in your future...

I'll pile on and say you should've bought the 6 hatchback or wagon, assuming it's the '03-'09 generation. I know 4 people that have or had the same car, and you have plenty of room to work with even if it is a trunk model. And I have the same grill and it's well worth the effort.

You can find a schematic on weber.com that will give you the best idea, but you should be able to break it down into enough pieces to get it into your trunk and folded down back seat. The lid will come off quite easily and the firebox should be removable from the cart pretty quickly. I believe you need a screwdriver, pliers and an adjustable wrench to get to that point. Those 3 pieces should be manageable. I'm sure it's not going to be cleaned out, so you may want to pack some old blankets and a big garbage bag or two.

I agree with Jon. If you're at all mechanically inclined, it's not that hard to take apart. Take a tarp or old blankets and break it down as far as necessary to get it in your car. I'm assuming you have a trunk and a back seat. You may have to use both, but you can get it home. Your work will not be wasted because you can give it a good cleaning as you put it back together and back into service.

Back