Rib glaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Mayer

TVWBB Fan
What is everyone using as a rib glaze during the last 30 minutes or so cooking? I very often don't use any sauce or glaze and the family is asking for something different.
Thanks!

Steve,
Don't know about everyone, But I like a combo of tart, sweet and hot.
I always start out with apple cider vinegar. Then go with the sweet. Honey works great in glaze. Sometimes, I will use jelly in the glaze. Whatever blows my skirt up at the time. I like to play with it.
Living in the Lone Star, ya gotta have heat. Thank God for cayenne.
Mustard goes good in a glaze also. I just like to let my mind run wild, and play around with the different tastes.

Steve....

Most folks will use their regular sauce as a glaze. There may be some misunderstanding on this point. I think glaze and sauce may be used interchangeablly. In other words, I don't use a glaze and then sauce with something else.....I use whatever I am using as a finish sauce.

Does this make sense???

I agree with Mike...I prefer tart, sweet and hot. I think its because of this prefrence that I love Bone Sucking Sauce, but I usually make my own which I actually like better. Instead of vinegar I use white wine...it gives the tartness without all the sour. A nice sav. blanc is perfect. For the sweet I use home made apple cider jelly and for the heat crushed red pepper flakes. Then I add in all my special spices.

Sweet Baby Ray's with some cayenne tossed in. I also like Kraft Spicy Honey BBQ sauce (don't tell anyone).

I'm usually too lazy to make my own sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back