Added a thermometer to my Q200

Scotty Be

I found a good deal on a Q200 on CL but it did not come with the grease pan tray so I needed to order one. Since I was combining shipping I added a Weber thermometer for $12. Grillparts.com shipping was extremely fast and an overall pleasure to deal with.

Installation was as easy as you would expect. I taped off the area above the handle and measured to find my spot. Started small and stepped it up a few times to get a nice tight fit. It looks great and unless you were a Q expert, you'd have no idea it didn't come from the factory.
I think this is a nice compromise for those people who cant decide between the Q120/220. It gives you a little smaller lighter package than the Q220 with all the same features. I am extremely happy with mine now. I'd love to say I planned this the whole time, but really stumbled on it by dumb luck.
icon_wink.gif

Of course I had to fire it up and see what it would do. It settled in at 525* which was way higher than I was expecting. Awesome.

Did the same, and mine hit 550 very quickly. Very easy to do. Just find the spot you want to install the thermometer, use a punch to make s small indent, then use a 3/8" drill bit. Took me 3 minutes.

Back