My other project

Bob Hunter

TVWBB Pro
The company I work for is a major software vendor in the process control industry. Out software allows engineers and system integrators to rapidly develop HMI supervisory control system.

What I am working on is a .Net library that essentially does everything Amir's Stokerlog does except it is a dll and has no user interface. This is mostly completed except for some minor bugs.

What I am doing next is importing this dll into my companies software package and then creating objects as well as visualization symbols to represent the Stoker and the WSM.

With the software I also have a lot of other shrink wrapped features I can take advantage of. History, full alarming (Deviation, Rate of Change, etc..), recipe storage / retrieval and an alarm notification system that uses Text to speech. I can also do Statical process control, building performance curves and a "Best cook" baseline. We also have a web portal that all of the above can plug right into, to expose it to the outside world without allowing control of the system.

Just wish the Stoker had a better interface than the html or Telnet to make this easier. Someday, I hope.

I know that this is way, way overboard of what I need to cook a good Brisket, but I am also using this application to test our software and build a software demo controlling the smoker, this whole exercise provides two things, it shows how easy it is to integrate almost any controller / process in our software and it combines my two great passions (After my wife and kids that is) BBQ and software control. So what the heck, its fun.

If you need a beta tester, let me know.
icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like a fun project.

Sounds great! I'm also interested in seeing anything you are willing (and able) to share. While Amir's program more than meets my needs, playing with additional programs would be fun!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe thomas:
Is it LabVIEW?? Or is there a way to compile it so that it is a stand alone program? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it's not labView. But no it can not compile into a standalone.

Back