Weber Genesis S-320

Wayne Carter

I made my purchase in April of 2010 and love this BBQ. The only item I am not clear of is if I should have a heat shield on my cover or not. All my research leading up to the purchase and everywhere I look after states that I do but I clearly do not have one and Weber states i should not. Does anyone else with the S-320 have the shield?

Wayne,I'm not understanding your question. A heat shield on you gasser cover? Please expand on your question.

I wish I could post a photo, on most weber's when you open the top of your BBQ to access the grill you see a steel liner on the top which is supposed to help with heat and keep your outside looking fresh and new. This shield sits about a half an inch away from the out side steel under the hood of the bbq.

Hope this works
http://s1265.photobucket.com/a...view&current=led.jpg

This under my BBQ hood, no protective shield.

Wayne,it's way early in the morning,and I'm upstairs,but that looks normal. I'll check again when I go downstairs for work.

Wayne,sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Like I said it was very early this morning. I just looked at my Genesis. There is no liner. The lid and sides are a single thickness.

Phil,

Thanks again, i am very happy with my grill and the thought of it missing a part was bothering me. I am glad you were able to confirm for me all was good.

Maybe this will help for those who wonder about what Wayne is asking.

Here is a picture I took at the store of a new Weber with the liner.
2011-11-02_08-44-33_743.jpg

Here is my 2005 Gold B with a liner.
2011-11-02_10-15-19_841.jpg

I can't speak to what Wayne's grill should have, but I think the liner should help reduce fuel usage. I have an older Silver A w/out liner and durability seems not to be compromised by lack of a liner.

This is what makes this forum and Weber owners the bets.

Hank that is the best that you took the time to get the picture and put it on the forum. That is exactly what I am talking about and the part that I thought I was missing as it states it is included on the model I have but am satisfied with the grill and knowing others have the same grill as me with out the part I am good. Although the grill you took the picture of has the shield and it is the same bbq I bought with the burners on the side. I wonder why that is?

Originally posted by Wayne Carter:
Hank that is the best that you took the time to get the picture and put it on the forum. That is exactly what I am talking about and the part that I thought I was missing as it states it is included on the model I have but am satisfied with the grill and knowing others have the same grill as me with out the part I am good. Although the grill you took the picture of has the shield and it is the same bbq I bought with the burners on the side. I wonder why that is?
Hi Wayne,
I can't take too much credit as I had taken those pictures for my fishing buddy when he was looking for a Weber gasser. I just happened to have the pictures on hand and knew exactly what you were talking about.

Weber seems to have a plethora of models and options and I don;t pretend to understand what models include which features.

Back