Real newbie question about Genesis 1000

Brian Corey

TVWBB Member
On CL, in my area, is the grill I've wanted to restore for a while. A red genesis with wood table and handle in pretty good shape. It is a natural gas grill. I know that weber won't sell a conversion. But the basic structure of the grill is the same from NG to LP, right? The only difference is burners, manifold, etc. If I got the grill and told Weber that I just wanted to start from scratch on the insides...I could do that, right? I wouldn't have to tell them that it is a NG...just offer to buy new guts. Or am I missing something here? What all would I have to buy? Thanks!!!!

You just need to change the manifold. Burners are exactly the same. The manifold will change out the jets and give you a spot to connect the regulator/tank.

However, supposedly Weber will ask for a model number when you try to buy manifolds to ensure that it isn't somebody trying to do a conversion. That I don't know for sure-I know I just turned down a heck of a deal on a Summit because it was an NG and I didn't think I'd be able to get a manifold. If you're successful, post up-I'm sure the information will help other people. You can also try and find somebody local with a gasser they're junking and get a manifold from them.

Back