Sweet and sour little smokies.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
* 1 - 14oz Hillshire Farm Lil Smokies
* 16 oz Jar Grape Jam
* 12 oz Chili Sauce

In a small crock pot combine jam and chili sauce.
Heat on medium. Add lit'l smokies to crock pot and let them warm up.
These are fun little snacks....
Serve with tooth picks.

This is a hoilday treet that we make every year, using coctail sausages and meat balls.

But for a little different twist, smoke the coctail saugages for about 1 hour and the meat balls 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours at 235* - 250* with any light smoke wood. I use a small crossed grilling tray to keep the sausages from falling thru the grate. The meat balls will stay on top. Tasty!

Chili Sauce is simular to Cocktail Sauce, but without the punch of horseradish. It has a somewhat tangy taste. Both are a tomato base, and are either used as condiments or added along with other ingredients in recipes. Both are also made by the Heinz Co. and available in most grocery stores.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Kaylor:
This is a hoilday treet that we make every year, using coctail sausages and meat balls.

But for a little different twist, smoke the coctail saugages for about 1 hour and the meat balls 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours at 235* - 250* with any light smoke wood. I use a small crossed grilling tray to keep the sausages from falling thru the grate. The meat balls will stay on top. Tasty! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brad. Nice twist, will give it a go next time.
Tim

Another way to do these for the holidays is:

16 oz. Jellied Cranberry Sauce
12 oz. Chile Sauce
1 pkg. each Cocktail sausages (or Lil Smokies) and Meatballs (smoked ?)

Heat in a small crock pot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Kaylor:
Chili Sauce is simular to Cocktail Sauce, but without the punch of horseradish. It has a somewhat tangy taste. Both are a tomato base, and are either used as condiments or added along with other ingredients in recipes. Both are also made by the Heinz Co. and available in most grocery stores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or you can make your own.
icon_biggrin.gif
Link for you.

I just did these for a office xmas party and everyone loved them. The only thing i chaged was i added 12oz of water to thin it out a little and used half a can of pineapple chunks. Oh yeah i doubled the size and used 2packs of meatballs instead .

Thanks for the easy recipe

Back