Easter Time For LAMB!!!!

Vinny G

TVWBB Fan
Short and to the point. Never like Lamb!!! Made this paste smoked it NOTHING CAME OUT BETTER NOTHING!!!!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Here is the Paste, for a 6 to 9 pound leg of lamb:

1 clove garlic, minced

1 onion, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil

Grated rind of 2 lemons

1/2 cup lemon juice

3-inch sprig of fresh mint or 2 tablespoons mint jelly(I us the fresh mint)

3 teaspoons combined minced fresh herbs (thyme, tarragon, rosemary, marjoram )

3 tablespoons brown sugar (reduce to 2 tablespoons if mint jelly is used )

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Saute the garlic and onion 2 minutes in the olive oil.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes.
Brush the lamb on all sides with this sauce and put in frige over night cover with saran wrap.
Next day let meat sit a while to come close to room temp(1/2 an hour or so set up WSM and heat up)put more past on again and cook away.

Hope it comes out as good as mine did if not better!!!
Vinny

Can you give more details?

Cook temps
Cook time
Target internal temp
Wood used

Any pic's??

Been itching for some lamb.

Hay Stefan
I keep the wsm at 225 -230. Took about 4 or 5hours. Internal I went to 145 wrap it for about 1/2 hour then cut into it. I used hickery 3 or 4 fist size chunks. Don't let it go past 150 I feel it gets dryer as it stays long temp wise. 145 is about meduim rare,so if you let it sit for 1/2 it will raise a couple of degrees.
No pics I made it last year and the year before. Last year it was a little dryer than the year before. Thats why I say don't let it go longer (Degrees wise). The first year I didn't have to make a gravy because it was so moist. O I got the Legs of lamb from Costco.
Hope that this helps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Easter Time For LAMB!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree. I love lamb steaks on the grill and was lucky enough to find some yesterday in my small city (usually have to go to Raleigh, NC to find a Trader Joe's).
Yesterday I happened upon a Middle East Market here in Greenville run by a fellow from Palestine and he cut me two halal steaks from the leg.
They are now marinating in evoo, redwine vinegar, garlic, red wine, S&P,and chopped fresh oregano.
Looking forward to tonight and a nice glass of zinfandel with the steaks.

Ray

Lamb steaks were very good last night. Served them with a new sauce I found on the net.
1 TSP sherry vinegar
1 TSP honey
1 TSP dried mint
1/2 cup evoo
Mixed all and spooned over the steaks after they rested for about 6 minutes. Yummy.

I have never cooked lamb in my life, actually have only had it a few times as kabobs. My Aunt loves Lamb and got me a roast to cook for Easter So looks like I'm firing up the 14" WSM in the morning

I have never cooked lamb in my life, actually have only had it a few times as kabobs. My Aunt loves Lamb and got me a roast to cook for Easter So looks like I'm firing up the 14" WSM in the morning
You realize this thread is over 6 years old.

How'd it turn out? A friend came over yesterday and talked about cooking lamb---I thought he meant gyros because he's always talking about the gyro place near me, but he was talking about shanks & rack of..... I've cooked very little lamb but always seem to enjoy it.

Hello Joan
LOL! My wife just asked me about smoking one for this Easter. I can’t believe I Haven't made this since then! Just yesterday I shared this paste with a friend. He was looking for something to smoke on Sunday And I told him to give this a smoke! LOL so now I went out got one from Costco and threw it in the freezer. Keeping an eye on the weather for Sunday. If weather is good ITS SMOKE TIME. If not it will be the next smoke!

"..............Precious little GOOD lamb here without searching for something “boutique” which costs a screaming fortune!"
TBH my butcher is not exactly giving it away either. Homegrown lamb prices are expensive compared to cheaper mass imports. I always try to buy local though.

TBH my butcher is not exactly giving it away either. Homegrown lamb prices are expensive compared to cheaper mass imports. I always try to buy local though.
Most lamb here comes from Australia or N.Z. Its very surprising to me that people around here don’t seem to enjoy lamb more,

Back