California > Concord: Kinder's BBQ

Mac

TVWBB Guru
http://www.kindersbbq.com/
Chris, have you tried them? They had mostly East Bay locations for years but they're expanding
I like the "Famous" Ball Tip Sandwich, but I order it BBQ Beef style. Stuffed inside the Roll with their spicier sauce.

I've only had it at their vending booth at an Oakland A's game. I wasn't that impressed, but I know a lot of people like it. I seem to recall a lot of sauce and produce...I'm not a big fan of lettuce and tomato on my BBQ sandwich.

There are lots of East Bay locations, plus Chico, Fairfield, Stockton, Tracy and Reno. They also sell their stuff at Sacramento Rivercats and Stockton Ports minor league baseball games.

Regards,
Chris

I'm not a big fan of lettuce and tomato on my BBQ sandwich

Nor am I, I order mine sans produce, just sauce and meat. I know at Ports games, the cost is higher than at their in town location and the portions seem to be smaller.

A follow-up. In 2011 I visited a Kinder's location in Pleasanton, CA (now closed) and had the same feeling. Not amazing, but other people rave about the sandwiches so perhaps it's a matter of expectations...go for a delicious sandwich, but not for barbecue as we know it here.

Always willing to adjust my opinion...and planning on taking my wife to Kinder's in Fremont to get a second opinion. :)

Back