More Pickled Eggs

Here's another to try...

Pickled Eggs

1 dozen eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1 can beets
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup apple cider vinegar

Drain beet juice into non-reactive sauce pan. Add sugar and vinegar. Heat to dissolve sugar but don’t boil. Put eggs and beets into non-reactive container (usually a glass jar) large enough to hold them and the vinegar mixture. Pour vinegar mixture over eggs, cover and place in refrigerator for 5-7 days to pickle the eggs. Enjoy.

Kevin

Found this on another forum ~ Haven't tried it though...

2-3 Dozen Hard Boiled eggs
1/2 Gal. White Vinegar
2-3 TBs Pickling Spices tied in cheese cloth
2-3 TBs Sugar, more if you want sweeter less tart eggs
1 Can Pickled Beets w/liquid
1 Jar Pearl Onions (optional)

Combine first 3 ingredients, bring to a slow boil. Turn off heat and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Leave the bag of spices in the pot and let cool to room temperature.

Place the eggs, onions, and beets w/juice into a big pickle jar and pour the vinegar w/the spice bag into the jar making sure the eggs are covered. If you are short of liquid use more vinegar or a little water. Close the lid tightly and place in the fridge for at least a week, longer is better. The longer you wait the better the egg will take on the purple beet color.

Here is one I use, these are spicey hot!
3 dozen hard boiled eggs
1 Qt white vinegar
1 lg sliced onion
1 1/2 TBS each mustard seed,dill seed,red pepper flakes and black pepper corns
8 cloves fresh garlic peeled & sliced
2 cups pickled jalepeno peppers with juice
10 fresh habanero peppers sliced
2 tbs tabasco sauce
place all ingredients except eggs in a non-reactive covered pot and boil 15 minutes
Pour hot mixture over eggs in a glass jar until covered. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 week the longer the better. Enjoy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken Biski:
Here is one I use, these are spicey hot!
3 dozen hard boiled eggs
1 Qt white vinegar
1 lg sliced onion
1 1/2 TBS each mustard seed,dill seed,red pepper flakes and black pepper corns
8 cloves fresh garlic peeled & sliced
2 cups pickled jalepeno peppers with juice
10 fresh habanero peppers sliced
2 tbs tabasco sauce
place all ingredients except eggs in a non-reactive covered pot and boil 15 minutes
Pour hot mixture over eggs in a glass jar until covered. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 week the longer the better. Enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use a recipe similar to this one. One thing I have been doing lately is putting the peeled boiled eggs on the top rack of the WSM for about an hour, and then pickling. The smoke flavor goes great with the spiciness!!!

Back