Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Hilmer

TVWBB Super Fan
I bought a new probe on the board, I am smoking Rib eyes for dinner tonight, and tommorow I am cooking for around 80 people. I can't think of a better way to turn 46,can you?

I forget...now when was that???

Steve: Feliz cumpleano. Aside from cooking for 80 peeps, the rest sounds fun, sorta. Parfaits, now everyone likes parfaits....

Turning 46 is great! So was 50. Look forward to each. They just get better.

Steve,

Happy B' Day, bud!!! A better way to turn 46? Yeah, I can think of " ONE ". Just kidding /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Enjoy!!!

Keith, stop showing our age /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I regret I do my steaks on a Treager, not a WSM. Here is my method, perhaps this will help you:

I sear the steak, either by cranking up the Traeger to 450*+ or by heating a cast iron pan to as hot as possible searing for around 30 sec or so. I then go to "smoke" mode and leave steak in for 1 to 2 hours. On the Treager this is around 150-160. I then switch to 300* and bring it to my desired temp (140*).
I bet you could do this by searing in the pan and then smoking in the WSM at 225-250 with desired wood chunks. I am not sure how long till the magic number you like your steak at will be hit. I am sure the gurus here like Kevin Taylor, Chris, and the MM master Jim Minion have done a few steaks on a WSM. GOOD LUCK!

Sear, yes, turn, sear, yes, smoke? Why wait sounds and looks ready to me. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

While I like my steak pink, Sear, Sear and serve sounds a little underdone. Sounds like it might still be able to give milk /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif. I love smoked steaks. I get them a little thicker and let the smoker do its magic. HEAVEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back