Genesis rotisserie

JustinL

TVWBB Pro
I am thinking about picking up a rotisserie on craigslist for my genesis posted here

Can anyone tell me if this would fit on my 3000 or does the 300 have a different size firebox.

Thanks,

Justin, can't answer directly, but the key is whether the "detents" in the spit are spaced to fit in the rotisserie hole on your grill lid. The "detents" look kinda like this on the spit:
---____------------------------------------------____------

__------___________________________------____

So your grill lid from side to side must measure the same as the space between the detents. Actually, the Weber rotisseries I've seen have two detents at one end about 3/4" apart so they can fit more than one model grill.

I ordered one from craigslist, but when I got it, it was for an older model Genesis than my 2010 -- the detent spacing was off. But I was able to remove the wood handle and re-epoxy it about 1/2" farther out and then use a grinder to create a new detent out about 1/2" farther to fit.

Rich

(Took several edits to get thing to line up right, but it's ok on my display.)

I think a Genesis 3000 cookbox is the same as my 1000. I bought a rotisserie this summer for my 1000. It is a Weber 7572.

you can also get collars that will make them fit anything. i just saw that the new weber rotisseries are now updated with movable collars. makes way more sense than having the notches cut out.

I just picked up a Genesis 3000 for a friend. Just confirming that the Weber 7572 Rotisserie will fit this grill? I know the 9890 will but I can find the 7572 rotis for a little cheaper.

Back